Home

Photography Excitement

Thursday, January 21, 2010

So, I have been totally in love with my Nikon D90 since my husband and I bought it in December of 2008, and that love was rewarded again just yesterday.

Recently, I posted several of my favorite photos from the Minnesota Zoo on my Facebook page and my Flickr page.  Happily, I added them to the pool of photos for the MN Zoo group on Flickr.  Little did I expect for them to ask to use one of them!

On one of our trips to the zoo with the kids last year, we were working our way through the inside exhibits when we came upon some of the flamingos.  While my girls were playing in a crawl-through kid's area with my husband, I decided to take a few shots of these goofy birds.  One, in particular, stood there with his wings spread, just waiting for me to take my shots.  It was as if he were saying, "I'm gorgeous.  Take my picture." Who was I to protest?  Guess which shot the zoo wants to use?  You got it!

I am beyond thrilled!  I have loved taking photos of my children, my friends, and my family, but this is more encouragement from an outside source.  Who could have guessed that my zoo shots would be the ones attracting attention?  I just hope that my appreciation of the animals and love of photography show in every shot.  Here are some more of my favorite zoo shots:





2 comments

  1. Oh my gosh! This is sooo cool! These pictures are really amazing... YAY Donna!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen! I'm pretty excited that the Minnesota Zoo wants to use one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts